iMotions Research Software
The world’s leading human behavior software
Software solution for multimodal research
Power your lab research
The iMotions software is your research solution for any kind of lab research. Whether you are working within behavioral science, doing observations, studying human factors, conducting usability testing or working in a simulation environment, iMotions is your answer.
iMotions Core features
Connect, Record, Analyze
- Complete stimuli presentation (images, videos, websites, games, mobile/apps and VR)
- Integrates and synchronizes all types of sensors (eye tracking, Facial Expression Analysis, electrodermal activity aka GSR, EEG, ECG, EMG)
- Includes API to import/export transfer data from other sources
- Built-in survey tool to add questionnaires to the data set
- Live visualization of data streams
- Live and post markers for annotations and behavioral coding
- Build study design by point and click
- Scene and respondent recordings and replay
- Complete study editing and analysis using embedded R-scripting to visualize data
A powerful software for powerful research
Our platform offers simple setup, flexible integrations and easy study management for faster research and improved validation of human responses.
Supports 50+ of the most commonly used biosensors
- Full integration and synchronization support for 50+ biosensors in human behavior research such as Eye Tracking, Facial Expression Analysis, Electrodermal Activity / Galvanic Skin Response, EEG, EMG, and ECG hardware.
- API and Lab Streaming Layer for additional sensor integration.
- Built-in survey tool to lessen bias and triangulate respondents’ stated answers with nonconscious psychophysiological responses from biosignals.
We offer two different solutions for remote testing
Built upon our Desktop Solution, the Online Data Collection Module is a cost-effective approach that integrates fewer sensor technologies and less data depth, but one that can be deployed quickly and easily across the globe via a browser interface. Computer vision algorithms enable biometrics to be collected from a participant’s own webcam.
Benefits to Online studies:
- Demographics: Geography, ethnicity, gender – you can be as narrow or wide as the study warrants. Online studies also give access to participants that are otherwise not able to show up to a center facility e.g. due to disability, or people in positions with limited time (e.g. doctors).
- Speed: Turnaround time can decrease significantly since data is collected in parallel at hundreds of respondents’ homes.
- Sample size: The convenience of online testing allows you to scale your experiment to hundreds, if not thousands of respondents.
- Setting: A home-based study delivers a more natural environment than the lab. However, it requires more attention to respondent compliance, and a potential need to recruit larger than what the need would be in a controlled lab environment.
Call for Collaboration!
We’re looking for qualified institutions to sponsor collaboration with us on the next iterations of our new iMotions Mobile Research Platform
iMotions Software Release
Explore iMotions 8.1
With your iMotions 8.1 license, you’ll experience a completely rebuilt user interface, new automatic analysis methods for EEG & ECG, single-click report creation for individual participants and more.
Check out our release page to stay updated on the newest releases.
Full release notes
Full release notes for current and previous releases are available on the iMotions Help Center (login required).