iMotions Mobile Research Platform
Call for Collaboration
Be part of innovating our newest prototype! Read on and submit your interest below.
The New iMotions Mobile Research Platform
Get involved in the next phase of development
We’re looking for qualified institutions to sponsor a collaboration with us on the next iterations of our new iMotions Mobile Research Platform. This opportunity gives research groups the possibility to mold the product to your research area by integrating new sensors, discovering new experimental setups, and expanding supported use cases. You’ll receive first access to current and future releases of the Mobile Research Platform based on this investment in the co-development process, along with expert consultancy from our Mobile team.
Submit your interest below.
Clients already using the iMotions Mobile Research Platform
Mobile Platform Features
How does it expand my research?
The iMotions Mobile Research Platform is catered to researchers whose goals include gathering data “in the wild.” The platform is modular, centered on integrating wearable sensors to track participants’ physiological and behavioral data as well as self report through surveys that can be delivered through a smartphone, e.g. triggered by events in the data. For example, step counters could be integrated with location-based triggers to assess perceptions of fatigue. The participants’ data can be collected in their natural environments, during their daily lives over long periods. More than just an app for mobile studies, it is a feature-rich platform for mobile research including:
- Full study pipeline, from design to data export (and analysis)
- Capacity to integrate mobile-based sensors
- Time- and location-triggered surveys; i.e. with beacons
- Fast and easy data visualizations
- Efficient cloud database storage of the collected data
- Secure authentication
- Support for informed consent
Example of a study setup using iMotions Mobile Research Platform
Are we a match?
In order to assess your proposal for an exclusive collaboration, we’re looking for the following criteria.
Practical requirements to be considered for a project partnership:
- Project suitability: The proposed project must directly benefit from having mobile biometric research applied to it as a central feature.
- Timeline: An indicative timeline that allows time for co-development work.
- Funding and Budget: Funding, or a promise of funding, for the project must be secured before project start. iMotions commits solely to supplying software, tech support, and consulting services.
As part of a sponsor collaboration, we will offer:
- Software: A fully customized version of the Mobile Research Platform, tailored to fit the scope of your project goals as well as access to the best sensors and data collection software on the market.
- Technical Support: Our development team will offer support throughout your entire project. They will ensure that your data collection process is running as smoothly as possible.
- Research Consultation: Our research consultants, who are some of the most experienced biometric researchers in the field, will be available to assist and guide the project for its duration.
What kind of studies are you interested in performing? Your research could fall into, but is not limited to, these applications:
- Mobile and mobility studies outside of lab environments, i.e., “in the wild”
- Longitudinal studies with or without wearables (days/weeks/months)
- Healthcare: seizure detection, autism research, heart rate monitoring, behavioral and health studies, etc.
- Accelerometry or actigraphy research
- Human rest/activity cycles: movement studies, walking/step counting, etc.
- Shopper testing or testing of retail environments
- Research with smart watches or health trackers such as FitBit, Garmin, Polar, etc.
Call for Submissions
Deadline: November 1st, 2020.
Please submit your non-binding interest by answering the questions in the following form about your project proposal/plan, projected timeline, funding, and research expectations. Qualified candidates will receive more detailed information about the selection process by email in November.